This is a fun little game we made at GameCraft in Thurles. We made it in 7 hours and used the engine from our earlier project, VM Warfare. Tornado Apocalypse won the best overall game at the event! The game supports 1 to 2 players and has 2 levels. The goal of this game is to evade zombies and find chopper hidden in random part of the map.
Tag Archive for 2013
VM Warfare is a multiplayer/singleplayer deathmatch game that won the Best Multiplayer Game award at GamesFleadh 2013. I created it together with Viktor Zolin, who made map editor and tile engine, while I mad emost of the game itself.
You are a soldier defending the Earth against alien attack. To help you with this, helicopters will randomly drop fuel supplies and toolboxes around the map – pick them up to replenish your fuel and health. But be careful! Aliens will want to collect them too!
Some info about the game:
- Won the Best Multiplayer Game award
- AI is clever, it will not go into obstacles, it will run away looking for health boxes if they’re low on health
- Apart from health, you need to mind your fuel bar or you will be immobilized
- Fuel and health boxes are dropped by helicopters
- Explosions are dynamically generated from particles
- Multiplayer mode allows for up to 4 players – each player needs to connect with an xbox controller and 1 can use the keyboard.
You can invite friends over and enjoy the award winning split-screen multiplayer experience, or face hordes of aliens by yourself.